Sick duck

This seems like a hard situation. If he is mounting her in the cage at night that would be hard on her body - water is best. Ideally you would have some other females for them both to have company so they are not lonely at night or bored during the day. For the time being, if their cages are right next together all night they will be okay. I think @ruthhope has given good advice.

Thank you so much! !! Do you think I should put them together at night? Did u see the video of her crying
@Maryjeanash: yes I heard her in the video . I think you have to be "cruel to be kind" as it is bad for your duck to be mounted by the drake out of water. They will get used to their separate sleeping arrangements. It's more important that her legs are not stressed at the moment.

If she is eating a cup of duck food with brewer's yeast, I think you might be able to tempt her to eat more by offering a mix of cat food and duck food. I would avoid offering just cat food as she needs to learn to eat and like duck food. So mix the food together half and half.

Yes, the vitamin B complex has the niacin. Make sure she gets 1 ml every single day. Also, definitely the duck specific food. Mealworms are fine as occasional treats. Does she have to go downstairs to get to that basement? Not sure what your set up is, but ducks can only do gradual inclines/ramps, and should do any stairs. I would baby her for a bit and carry in and out until she's had some time with vitamin B and good duck food.

Ducks tend to have runny/watery stools, this is normal, they drink so much water. If you can get a picture of the suspect stools, that would help. The white is urates, bird version of pee. The brown is likely from her feed. The green is is probably grass or weeds or something like that that she ate. I am not worried about the diarrhea for now, if you can get a picture, that would be great.
Don't feel badly, you are doing the best that you can and you are asking questions and getting help, that's being a good ducky momma. ;)
Thank you. I will try to get that picture ASAP .

No there's no stairs ..she doesn't have to do no hills or anything . I try very hard to baby her . I just have to watch out for her body guard and the Roaster!! Lol!!! Ii think the male knows Iam trying to help her cuz he don't always come after me, he just don't want us messing with her .. That's his girl and the only one around... 😆

I have been looking for that yeast..is it in a brown container the one I need? The white container one does not have niacin but the brown container has 1.5 niacin from Amazon
I ordered that fortified thrue Amazon! That going to be ok

I don't think that's too much. The oyster shells won't help with her leg issue - that's just calcium for if she's laying eggs. She'll just eat what she needs. I think keep going with everything. I believe it's like 1.5 Tablespoons of the yeast sprinkled on a cup of food. If she doesn't like it, you could do less maybe since she's also getting the liquid vitamin B.

Back
Top Bottom