Sick duckling

skuhn1171

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 16, 2014
My ducklings just arrived today and all are healthy but one of them. It's a Cayuga and her eyes keep sealing shut. Also she seems very lethargic and doesn't seem to want to eat or drink much. Any help!!

Possibly dehydrated, put a quarter teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a pint of lukewarm water. Dip her bill into it. You don't want to try to force water down her throat and risk drowning her. Talk to her, try to encourage her. Sometimes they just don't make it. But I am praying she snaps out of this.

Ok thanks. She still doesn't seem to want to drink anything and just lays around while the other 7 are very active. Also her eyes keep sealing shut, i have to dab them with a warm cloth so they open up

Still no eating and barely any drinking. She is for sure the runt compared to the rest of the ducklings. She is 4 days old today and seems so weak and tired. Not sure what to do at this point

Still no eating and barely any drinking. She is for sure the runt compared to the rest of the ducklings. She is 4 days old today and seems so weak and tired. Not sure what to do at this point
When duckling first arrive they rec sugar water, take a dropper and put some in it and put it right inside her mouth towards the front. that maybe enough to get her going, also call the hatchery and let them know. You should have some info on how much sugar to water to mix.

Poor thing died in my hands 30 minutes ago
I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif

I hope you have contacted the hatchery they will replace it. Sometimes they just don't even start out well, get tossed into a box for shipping and it's just too much for them, Now turn your attention to the ones left. Hope you enjoy them. and pics when you can.

They won't replace it for free since they can't ship just one of them they said. But if i ordered two of them they would still make me pay the $45 for shipping. Im not too happy with them about that. I ordered from McMurray Hatchery

Back
Top Bottom