Sick/Dying Silkie?

The bullying could be that the broader is too small. How big is the brooder? And how many chicks are in There?
jj.png

16738A11-8398-4726-AE8A-FA49B55B923C.jpeg
He seems to be more active now, but can’t stand straight. Can move all limbs but now he refuses to open his left eye?

Honestly I had to see if it was hurt so I gentle opened it for him and it just stayed still..... my assumption is that a bigger silkie pecked him and he got bullied. He peeps sometimes but way more active with the electroly
16738A11-8398-4726-AE8A-FA49B55B923C.jpeg

Poor sweet baby. I'm glad he is more active. He may have been dehydrated too, keep pushing the fluids - do your electrolytes have vitamins too?

For the eye - you may be right, chicks love eyes. Anything shiny they want to peck. It's fine to open it and take a look. If he still keeps it closed, you can gently flush it with saline to see if that helps. Sometimes they get a little dust or bedding in them. If you notice a discharge from the eye, then clean it up and apply an ophthalmic ointment like Terramycin or you can use Veterycin eye gel.

Thank you ! I believe my little guy just might push through. He is pretty strong for being dehydrated that’s for sure jaja.

The eye doesn’t look infected I believe maybe your right about the peck. Moving them into a bigger brooder as we speak/type

Morning/afternoon,

I have a question and have been doing research. But I’m not sure why my chick isn’t able to balance himself. He has all the energy now and won’t sit still and I’m hand feeding him food and water. He peeps and still doesn’t open his left eye.

Is he never going to be able to walk? I’m not sure what to think about how he is healing but I am concerned and nervous....

Back
Top Bottom