Sick feral chick pooped out a long white worm

As long as she can take care of the tapeworm problem I don't think she should have to cull. Her face will start to clear up after a while as long as she's being given food and water she should make it.

I know right, and that was when I brought her in on 5/26 (first pic). Imagine what he would have said if I brought her in on 5/31 or 6/7 😂

Speaking of vets, @casportpony and @dawg53 were completely right about the tapeworm. That terrible vet didn't even prescribe the correct medication for the tapeworm. It did clear a lot from her intestines and she's been steadily gaining weight, but I saw another tapeworm today in her morning poop so I need to re-treat her for that.
You're using Equimax, correct?

:love:bow I just read through this thread and I’m so happy this chicken found a life with you!
Thank you for sharing this experience with us, it adds to the body of knowledge and experience for those of us here. Hopefully it also planted a seed at the vet’s office too! Have you thought about emailing them with photos of her improvement? If nothing else maybe the next chicken brought in MIGHT be granted a little more consideration as a patient rather than just a chicken. Good luck to you and to your chicken!

I'm calling the vet to see if can bring her in today. I've only had her for a week but she has only gotten more boney despite eating a lot everyday... And during the physical exam last week the vet said she was already underweight...

Back
Top Bottom