SIck Girl, not sure what to do :(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by stjohn711, Aug 25, 2014.

1. stjohn711

stjohn711 New Egg

Oct 28, 2013
    Hey all,

I have 3 girls and one of them has a very bad issue where it looks like her insides are falling out of her behind. She has very leaky poop and for the most part it kind of just leaks. I was hoping it would get better but when I checked on her today it looked worse. She is acting normal, eating and has energy, but stopped laying eggs a few weeks ago, The other two are completely fine and show no signs of this problem. I dont know what to do, please help!

M

2. btruegs

btruegs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2014
    Spokane WA
    Never heard of this. It could be that she's getting ready to lay an egg, do any other animals have acess to the coop area? do you have a rooster/ can you actually see her innards? sorry about all the questions, trying to help. best of luck!

3. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    If her insides look as if they are coming out it is probably a prolapse..is the protrusion red ? If so...I would suggest that you firstly bathe her in warm water with either epsom salts or betadine, dry her and apply Preparation H or some honey on the prolapse...keep her away from the main flock in a darkened area for a day or two...

If no bloody/red protrusion it would be prudent to de-worm her and the rest of the flock...

She may have vent gleet...

Can you post a photograph of the vent ? It would help to diagnose the problem and treatment would be easier to define...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by