Sick hen, please help!

I've done that as well, but she just prefers to eat watermelon. I've soaked watermelon cubes overnight for 4 days straight now, and she seem to take it the best
Try and at least get some feed in her because as good as watermelons are for hydration, they don't do much for their nutrition. It doesn't have to be much

Try and at least get some feed in her because as good as watermelons are for hydration, they don't do much for their nutrition. It doesn't have to be much
She eats crumble as well, so she should be fine with that. I feed her watermelon during the day and feed at night.
She might need antibiotics. It sounds like a respiratory infection.
I've given her tylan, but I suppose it could be a different type of respiratory infection. Any suggestions for antibiotics?

Has she responded to the Tylan? That treats MG. There are multiple diseases (viruses, bacterial, and fungal diseases) so testing can help you know which you are seeing. Baytril or enrofloxacin, which is banned for chickens is sometimes used to treat respiratory diseases when there might be other bacteria, such as E.coli or pseudomonas as a secondary infection. Have you wormed her as well? Valbazen or SafeGuard horse paste or the liquid goat wormer are good to use.

Has she responded to the Tylan? That treats MG. There are multiple diseases (viruses, bacterial, and fungal diseases) so testing can help you know which you are seeing. Baytril or enrofloxacin, which is banned for chickens is sometimes used to treat respiratory diseases when there might be other bacteria, such as E.coli or pseudomonas as a secondary infection. Have you wormed her as well? Valbazen or SafeGuard horse paste or the liquid goat wormer are good to use.
She didn't respond to Tylosin/Tylan whatsoever, which could be my fault, I couldn't get her to drink so I soaked watermelon in it and gave it to her. I have dewormed her but I wasn't able to finish the treatment since some of my girls started molting, but I'm thinking of separating her and giving her some. (safeguard for goats)

She seems to be worse these past 2 days. I'm assuming it's partially caused by the drastic change it temp, it was high 85 just the other day, and the next day it was down to 57, shes just started to molt but I'm considering giving dewormer anyway, I don't think she's eating any feed. I've been trying to give her watermelon but she keeps missing and struggles quite a bit, I also noticed she tried to defecate but nothing came out :( overall not great, it's definitely something upper respiratory. Shes just been standing all sad like pretty much all day, tucking her face sometimes. I also noticed she's been struggling more these past two days (gaping and head shaking when she's not eating, before she only really did it when eating.) Any idea on what to do?

Back
Top Bottom