Sick Hen With White Diarrhea! Please Help!

Her feathers are dry or falling out?
I would check her crop first thing in the morning, see if it's empty.

Can you take some samples of poop in for testing of worms?
They are both dry and falling out, She is the only one of my girls that have this problem, so I have no idea if it's related to this or not.
Is It possible to get her tested for worms at the vet? If so, I might just take her to get a full check up.

They are both dry and falling out, She is the only one of my girls that have this problem, so I have no idea if it's related to this or not.
Is It possible to get her tested for worms at the vet? If so, I might just take her to get a full check up.
She may be going into molt, it's hard to know.
Some vets will see chickens, so call yours and ask.

An update to this post: Sadly she has passed away. it was completely unexpected. she had made a full recovery from coccidiosis, and was doing amazingly. a day later she developed neurological symptoms such as, full body weakness, loss of appetite, and wry neck. Early this morning she started having seizures, wasn't able to lift her head at all, kept her eyes closed, and started gasping. we made her as comfortable as we could, and earlier tonight she passed away. Sorry for the sloppy post, i am utterly heartbroken at her passing. does anyone know what could of caused this?

I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss:hugs

Without further examination, there's really no way to know what happened. Would you consider sending the body to your state lab for necropsy to get more information?

I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss:hugs

Without further examination, there's really no way to know what happened. Would you consider sending the body to your state lab for necropsy to get more information?
I Might think about it, we dont have much money at the moment, and my family wants a nice burial for her, but i will definitely think about it.

I Might think about it, we dont have much money at the moment, and my family wants a nice burial for her, but i will definitely think about it.
That's completely understandable :hugs

I get attached to mine, it can be hard. I usually do my own informal necropsy here at home (a lot of us do) that way I can bury them when I get done. The ones that I have done, the girls died from reproductive disorders like Egg Yolk Peritonitis, cancer or similar.

I'm not being pushy or trying to be gruesome, if sending the body is something you want to think about, it does need to be refrigerated. Some states are very reasonable with cost, while others it a lot of money, if you want, I can look up your state lab for you, but I don't know your state.

we did end up burying her this morning, i looked up necropsy in my area and i couldn't find a reliable person. I did more research and it sound like some sort of poison or toxic metal. Only a little while ago we discovered my house sits on top of an old dump so we find crazy things such as metal pipes, glass bottles, and other old rusty objects. So we have started to look for property up north and will hopefully leave this dump soon.

My roo did that last week.. It was sour crop.. I used that yeast medicine for women and in two days he was better.. Miracle.. I would check for that..

Back
Top Bottom