Sick Hen.

RSoto0802

Hatching
Mar 10, 2016
New Hampshire
Hello my name is Rich. I tried posting a thread earlier but for some reason it's not showing up so I'm going to start over and try to remember everything I wrote. I have a ill hen. She's barely eating and drinking water enough to keep her alive for now. She lays in the same spot all day unless I move her. She also doesn't poop unless I stand her up. Her vent seems clean and has no droppings stuck. She is very thin though as I could feel and see her breast bone. I thought she was egg bound when she first started to act abnormal but she did lay an egg that night and the day after. She hasn't laid any eggs since but I'm sure it's due to the fact that she's barely eating. Her droppings are usually very watery and then after the initial one they seem normal in texture but it is VERY large. Today her first one was a yellow/white paste and then it was normal except for the fact that she goes every minute or so. I have been giving her electrolytes and vitamins for now but I know it won't be enough to keep her alive for long. Any idea on what could be wrong?

Back
Top Bottom