Sick hen?

Does she lay eggs or has she recently? Can you insert a clean finger into her vent to check for a stuck egg or obstruction? Can you give some vitamins with riboflavin, such as vitamin B complex tablets 1/4 tablet daily crushed and given into a spoonful of water or food?

Have you added any new birds to your flock recently? Is she weaker in one leg, or walking on her hocks? Are the toes curled under in either foot? Is she drinking well? Can you get her drinking some fluids with electrolytes?

Does she lay eggs or has she recently? Can you insert a clean finger into her vent to check for a stuck egg or obstruction? Can you give some vitamins with riboflavin, such as vitamin B complex tablets 1/4 tablet daily crushed and given into a spoonful of water or food?

Have you added any new birds to your flock recently? Is she weaker in one leg, or walking on her hocks? Are the toes curled under in either foot? Is she drinking well? Can you get her drinking some fluids with electrolytes?
Im not sure if she has laid. I know she doesnt lay every day, but i also have 23 hens. I have not checked her vent. I have vitamins i can give to her. No new hens. I think both legs were weak, walking flat footed, no curled toes or walking on hocks. I didnt notice her drinking, but she was eating.

What is your location? What has your weather been like lately? If it's been very hot, your hen could have heat stroke. That causes imbalance and weakness.
Central Indiana. Yesterday was around 75 and today was around 68. Not too hot.

Has she been eating? Have you ever seen her being bullied? If this hen is low in the pecking order and bullied, starvation can produce these symptoms.

Has she been eating? Have you ever seen her being bullied? If this hen is low in the pecking order and bullied, starvation can produce these symptoms.
Shes not low on the pecking order. She was pecking the other hens away from their corn on the cob today. She has been eating as of today.

Back
Top Bottom