Sick, listless chicken

wannabefarmer12

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 18, 2012
We have six chickens. All are healthy but one. She is a year old buff orpington. The ladies are fed organic layer crumbles. They also have access to grit and oyster shell. Buffy has a large comb for a hen, and a couple of months ago we noticed it was turning blue. It was almost like she had poor circulation. I did some research online and found the blue comb could be caused by some unknown heart or circulation issue. She always acted fine though, so we didn't do anything. Now she is acting sick... Her comb is very pale. She has lost weight. Her tail is droopy. She spends her time off by herself just standing there. She will eat a little bit if you drop it right in front of her, but that's about it. Her breathing seems fine. Could this just be related to her blue comb?? Or might it be something we could treat her for? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

I have no idea when the last time she laid an egg was. Besides isolating the chicken, how do you figure that out? There isn't an egg stuck now though. We have never wormed our girls. Wouldn't we see worms in the poo?

You don't always see worms in poo and their areany types. I use Safeguard liquid goat wormer. You can give half cc down her throat and then add 3 cc to a gallon of water to worm everyone. Do for 5 days...repeat in 14.

Back
Top Bottom