Sick Muscovy

dotter

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 7, 2009
Cherry Valley,CA
I have a young muscovy drake and he has been listless for a few days, no more happy hissing and tail wagging to greet me. His caruncles are not bright red anymore, lost color and look grey now.
Could be anemia, but I can't find any treatment options on the internet. What should I feed him to get better ?
Thanks

They will most likely ask for more information. How old is the duck, what other symptoms is he exhibiting if any, etc. But here's a *BUMP*.

Also, Welcome to BYC!

Last edited:
Quote:
Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that! I don't know what's wrong with him but have you tried getting him on some Poultry Drench or one of those probiotic/vitamin/electrolyte supplements? Might give him some extra energy to fight off whatever's ailing him. Muscovy are very very hardy so he might be able to kick it if you keep his energy up and not let him get dehydrated.

TSC sells Drench and the little packets of Avian 2000. I always keep Rooster Booster premixed and give it at least once a month to all the birds, but when one is sick they get their own drinker of it - I always notice a difference.

Back
Top Bottom