Sick of rising fuel prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
First off I agree, with the above.

Second, what is so hard to see that we aren't drilling, we aren't building refineries, we aren't building Nuke plants.

We need energy we need to be doing all three. I am all for ethanol, hydrogen, methane, cow poop or whatever but in the short term we use oil, we need oil, and we have plenty of oil. How did the greenies become to strong and brainwash an entire country. These kooks used to be on the nightly news taking over a whaling ship...now they are in congress and are delivering the nightly news.....

I love clean air and clean water. Sometimes one has to take a chance to keep our lives runing that a little oil might get spilled. I don't like to see an oil covered bird or seal, but bad things happen all the time in this world. Millions will die in revolutions around the world if energy keeps going up. Risking a few birds or seals or caribou is worth that not happening.

I just don't understand how such a great country, such a powerful country gets so beholdened to the ultra left greenies.....

Joe

Quote:
First off I agree, with the above.

Second, what is so hard to see that we aren't drilling, we aren't building refineries, we aren't building Nuke plants.

We need energy we need to be doing all three. I am all for ethanol, hydrogen, methane, cow poop or whatever but in the short term we use oil, we need oil, and we have plenty of oil. How did the greenies become to strong and brainwash an entire country. These kooks used to be on the nightly news taking over a whaling ship...now they are in congress and are delivering the nightly news.....

I love clean air and clean water. Sometimes one has to take a chance to keep our lives runing that a little oil might get spilled. I don't like to see an oil covered bird or seal, but bad things happen all the time in this world. Millions will die in revolutions around the world if energy keeps going up. Risking a few birds or seals or caribou is worth that not happening.

I just don't understand how such a great country, such a powerful country gets so beholdened to the ultra left greenies.....

Joe

you said it bravo!! so true!!

biolerjoe you're absolutely right.
clap.gif

Quote:
Me too! Where would I put the kids, or groceries? I have 5 kids, that's a lot of food!

All I can say is, if you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. Moving 5 kids or a metric ton of groceries is not impossible, just difficult.
http://www.bikesatwork.com/hauling-cargo-by-bike/

Why would I make life more difficult on purpose though?

absolutely nothing is going to change until we get rid of the OVER PAID CEOs of Exxon. Mobile etc etc. Exxon and mobile alone showed profits (after salaries, expenses, taxes yada yada) of 6 billion and 7.6 billion dollars for the first quarter of this year. That means that is 6 and 7.6 billion dollars that we were overcharged to pay those greedy SOBs.

There is NO reason or excuse for the prices being what they are aside from the fact that the oil/fuel companies are greedy, the government does not regulate their pricing or do squat to stop them. We drill oil, put it on a ship in the gulf send it out to sea, sell it to the middle east, then buy our oil from the middle east that we just sold them, pay more for it to get it back here which boils down to turning a ship around. or we drill oil, put it on the ship and send it to South America and sell it for less than we pay for the oil to replace it. It is an outrage and ridiculous and it is the hard working people footing the bill. They all make me sick.

I am about a hop skip and a jump to riding horseback constantly! I am 7 miles from town, there are no ordinances to stop me and I can buy a buggy right down the street to take me and the kid if I do not want to go alone. I have had it with the greed in this country's big business. I REFUSE to pay 4.50 per gallon any longer. They can kiss my little back side and figure out how to get my money from me some other way.
tongue.gif

It never ceases to amaze me about how many people believe that the price of oil is dictated by "evil" oil companies. Nobody complained about the oil companies when a barrel of oil was $18.

The simple fact of the matter is supply and demand. There was a time that the US and Europe were the main importers of oil in the world. Now, India, China and third world countries are seeing an explosion of residents with cars as the quality of life improves in those places. They deserve to own cars just like us Americans, no?

The problem lies in the fact that China and India have a BILLION plus citizens each with a growing energy demand much like one we experienced in the US through the 50's until now. As time goes on, the crude demand will only increase, thereby sending prices north as well.

If you prescribe to the "peak oil theory" as some experts do (that we have reached the tipping point where underground oil is a finite commodity and we are past the point of being able to increase production), the issue becomes more acute.

So blaming oil companies, the US governments wars, the arabs etc... is silly. As demand skyrockets with each passing year, prices will continue upward unless somehow supply can be substantially increased. The only answer is to find an alternative.

And that doesn't happen until the pain becomes too great to bear and the economics are overwhelmingly in favor of commodity replacement (hydrogen, electricity, solar, nuclear, etc.... Hopefully, we'll get there sooner than later. But in the meantime, other countries have been paying $4 for a gallon of gas for many years. This was bound to happen sooner or later.

If we still heated our houses with wood, the US probably would have seen its last tree 60+ years ago.

Until we transition to a new form of energy, the pain will continue ONLY due to the increased demand, NOT some great Satan!

Someone else mentioned ANWR earlier. That would only represent a 1-2% increase in oil production and would take almost ten to fifteen years to come online. It would help but is by no means an answer.

Last edited:
Quote:
All I can say is, if you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. Moving 5 kids or a metric ton of groceries is not impossible, just difficult.
http://www.bikesatwork.com/hauling-cargo-by-bike/

Why would I make life more difficult on purpose though?

:| I'm pretty sure that was part of the original topic. Some work = less gas usage...

But whatever. There's always an excuse...

Quote:
I respectfully disagree. You mean to tell me that a business can't make a 4% margin without everyone jumping on the bandwagon about overpaid CEO's, and windfall profits. Yes they made Billions per quarter. But 4%? I wouldn't run a business on 4% return!! Applebees and Chili's get a higher return. They have Billions upon Billions invested and only get a 4% return? Why risk it, put all that money in a bank and just close the company down. 4% is guaranteed, no risk of nut cases taking over your oil fields or price of oil going down.

Some people(not saying you) have no clue what it takes to run a business, let alone a successful business. 4% is nothing, it is a minimal profit. Get off their backs and vote for someone who will allow drilling, build refineries, and build nuke plants while encouraging research into VIABLE alternatives!!

Rhett&SarahsMom :

My husband showed me an article from during Bush's run for office. The man actually said that he would "use his influence and friendship(or something like that) to keep fuel prices down and stable! Yet another lie in the string of bull crap he has done during his two terms in the White house.

Everyone thinks he runs this country and makes all the decisions. He doesn't Congress and the Senate run the country. He cannot do jack crap about anything alone unless those friendly folks in the oil companies will listen to him as a "man" and lower prices. Everyone wants to blame the president of the country for everything instead of the old morons in Congress and the Senators who are the responsible fools.​

Quote:
I respectfully disagree. You mean to tell me that a business can't make a 4% margin without everyone jumping on the bandwagon about overpaid CEO's, and windfall profits. Yes they made Billions per quarter. But 4%? I wouldn't run a business on 4% return!! Applebees and Chili's get a higher return. They have Billions upon Billions invested and only get a 4% return? Why risk it, put all that money in a bank and just close the company down. 4% is guaranteed, no risk of nut cases taking over your oil fields or price of oil going down.

Some people(not saying you) have no clue what it takes to run a business, let alone a successful business. 4% is nothing, it is a minimal profit. Get off their backs and vote for someone who will allow drilling, build refineries, and build nuke plants while encouraging research into VIABLE alternatives!!

Applebee's and Chili's are not selling the same type of resource either. And I know for a fact the CEO of Applebee's is not making a million a year salary. I have meet both he and his wife and been to their home.

4% margin or not, they have no expenses beyond that...everyone is paid and all expenses are paid. That was NET profit not Gross profit. No excuse for it.

And you tell me which one of those CEOs is worth is million dollar salary every year? I could care less if it is 1% CLEAR profit...everyone is paid all their expenses are paid and they are still in business but the American people are suffering and suffering big time. I know three people here that had to quit their jobs because they cannot afford to pay for gas to get to and from work on what they make. So 4% margin or not, they are sleeping fine each night and not worrying about a thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom