Sick peacock

Bird Ranger

Songster
7 Years
Apr 8, 2017
Lahore,Pakistan.
Hi everyone,
I will be really grateful if some one solves a problem for me.my peacock is sick and the symptom is a twisted neck. I think he is unable to rightly move his neck may be strained it. He is always doing this wierd movement with his head directed to floor and beak to the sky and shakes his head and and twist his neck again and again. I dont know what got to this surely but my father said that he accidentally dropped the wooden board on one of peas which we use to close their coop at night.
Is there any medication that i could do on my own cuz finding a vet is a real problem over here
Secondly i am probably thinking on getting more peahens which peahens are suitable if i want variety of colour and pattern variations in my peachicks?The javanese peacock is relly expensive over here.
Do mature peahens fight like peacocks with each other or they do along fine and if not under which conditions they fight?
Hopeful to get some help and answers.

Arslan

You really need to find a vet. I think Newcastle Disease is common where you are, and I know nothing about that disease. Can you post a video of him doing it?
@q8peafowl , have you seen this where you are?

W
You really need to find a vet. I think Newcastle Disease is common where you are, and I know nothing about that disease. Can you post a video of him doing it?
@q8peafowl , have you seen this where you are?
Well it does not seem ND because he is alive and eating well but the twisting and shaking of neck is still a problem. I asked if any medicine could help in this case?
It wòuld also be helpful if u answer the other questions too.
Thanku.

I have seen birds with ND do the same, but i have also have a peacock who had a head injury looks almost the same, anyway a peacock with ND could eat by himself.
Well may be u are right but if my peacock had ND he must have been sure dead by now but its been about three weeks and he twists his neck just like I mentioned and be has stopped perching. Has not displayed as he used to and loss in agility. I am already thinking that i am going to have a sick breeding season unless a pea expert gives me some good advice on self medication cuz going to vet is like a last option.

Back
Top Bottom