Sick peahen

Hello there,
Sorry your girl is looking down.
sad.png

The pea health experts here will need more information in order to help you:
Is she eating? drinking? pooping? if so what does her poop look like? (poop pictures are useful).
Are her wings drooping? Is she standing/sitting/roosting/how active? Do you have other peas/birds?
Is it cold or hot where you are? What kind of enclosure does she live in or is she free range?
Any pictures are helpful.

*also, I see that you posted earlier that you had some peachicks that died, did you ever determine the cause?

Last edited:
Hello there,
Sorry your girl is looking down. :(

Is she eating? drinking? pooping? if so what does her poop look like? (poop pictures are useful).
Are her wings drooping? Is she standing/sitting/roosting/how active? Do you have other peas/birds?
Is it cold or hot where you are? What kind of enclosure does she live in or is she free range?

*also, I see that you posted earlier that you had some peachicks that died, did you ever determine the cause?
I'll have to check back on the poo later. She is free range with my other 4 peafowl. She is one of 3 hens and one male. The weather has been either really hot or rainy and just now getting cooler. She's not very active at all. She'll walk around a bit but then she's laying down a lot with her eyes kind of tired looking. My other birdside all seem fine. She really isn't eating at lot.
As for the chicks 3 of 4 died. I think they just weren't eating. The live one I had to bring him in and feed him medicated food and water till I knew he was doing it on his own. ( hoping it's a male) he's doing really well.

I'll have to check back on the poo later. She is free range with my other 4 peafowl. She is one of 3 hens and one male. The weather has been either really hot or rainy and just now getting cooler. She's not very active at all. She'll walk around a bit but then she's laying down a lot with her eyes kind of tired looking. My other birdside all seem fine. She really isn't eating at lot.
As for the chicks 3 of 4 died. I think they just weren't eating. The live one I had to bring him in and feed him medicated food and water till I knew he was doing it on his own. ( hoping it's a male) he's doing really well.
Blackhead peahen :

Hello there,
Sorry your girl is looking down. :(

Check on that poop sooner, not later. If she's as sick as you describe she could be hours to 3 days from death.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom