Sick Peking duckling!

My poor baby is still fighting. Is there anything else I can do for her? She's been getting her viamins(vit e, b-complex, brewer's yeast). No change really. She still can't pick up her head, has started stepping on her bill when trying to walk. I'm at a loss...
@Isaac 0 , @Miss Lydia

Attachments

• 1599266368895506491464557335549.jpg
    1599266368895506491464557335549.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 12
Poor thing.

If she's not responding to the vitamins at all, I think you should still continue to administer them, but I do believe its time we start to consider some other problems instead. I see this limber neck activity going on, as well as her lack of interest in things. Would there be any chance she ate any pieces of metal, or ingested something moldy, or toxic? How does her feces look?

I'm not one to prescribe/mention the use of antibiotics unless I'm sure they will be useful, but that might be something I would try with her. Do you have any antibiotics on hand, if so what, and how many? If you don't have any, you can easily get some online in fish or bird form. For such a young bird I might recommend Amoxicillin. Would you be willing to purchase some, if so, here's a link to Amoxicillin.

https://www.chewy.com/fish-aid-anti...r finned,negative bacteria plaguing your fish.

Poor thing.

If she's not responding to the vitamins at all, I think you should still continue to administer them, but I do believe its time we start to consider some other problems instead. I see this limber neck activity going on, as well as her lack of interest in things. Would there be any chance she ate any pieces of metal, or ingested something moldy, or toxic? How does her feces look?

I'm not one to prescribe/mention the use of antibiotics unless I'm sure they will be useful, but that might be something I would try with her. Do you have any antibiotics on hand, if so what, and how many? If you don't have any, you can easily get some online in fish or bird form. For such a young bird I might recommend Amoxicillin. Would you be willing to purchase some, if so, here's a link to Amoxicillin.

https://www.chewy.com/fish-aid-antibiotics-amoxicillin/dp/185201#:~:text=You can help your finned,negative bacteria plaguing your fish.
Thank you for responding. I just ordered the antibiotic. How do I give it to her? How much? I only have keflex 500mg on hand right now, but it's for people. I added a poop pic and her now...

Attachments

• 15992840195798799661472969451358.jpg
    15992840195798799661472969451358.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 15992840696121477051700717729968.jpg
    15992840696121477051700717729968.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 10
Poor thing.

https://www.chewy.com/fish-aid-antibiotics-amoxicillin/dp/185201#:~:text=You can help your finned,negative bacteria plaguing your fish.
I don't think she got into anything. She's hasn't been outside since this started. She only ever swam in a kiddie pool a few times. Had a small amount of untreated grass and a couple beetles the flew into the pool. We now give her a shallow bath in the bathtub due to her inability to pick up her head.

13, my daughter had a reaction to it...

Ok, could you weigh her on a gram scale, and give me her approximate weight? After that, I will give you some dosing info regarding Cephalexin (Keflex).

Do continue to administer the vitamins, specifically thiamine and E. If she doesn't respond to the antibiotics after a few days, I'd be inclined to think she suffered from neurological damage to the head or neck at some point in time, or ingested something toxic, like a piece of metal.

Back
Top Bottom