Sick pet rooster. Please help!

Neeci84

Chirping
Oct 8, 2020
I'm waiting to see if I can get to a vet this weekend but it's looking grim. Today my rooster started acting a bit lethargic and disinterested. Not completely blah but just not quite himself. Then he crowed. It was the most pitiful sound I've ever heard and he's typically got a super loud manly crow. I looked him over and don't see and signs of respiratory distress or nasal congestion but his eyes are dripping with wetness. One he can barely open. Any ideas on what might be going on and how I can treat him from home?

I'm waiting to see if I can get to a vet this weekend but it's looking grim. Today my rooster started acting a bit lethargic and disinterested. Not completely blah but just not quite himself. Then he crowed. It was the most pitiful sound I've ever heard and he's typically got a super loud manly crow. I looked him over and don't see and signs of respiratory distress or nasal congestion but his eyes are dripping with wetness. One he can barely open. Any ideas on what might be going on and how I can treat him from home?
@azygous @Eggcessive

Do you have any pictures of his eyes? Are there any bubbles or foam in an eye? Have you added any new birds recently? He might have mycoplasma or MG, a chronic respiratory disease, although testing would be needed to make sure. MG symptoms can be treated by Tylosin powder in the water or with Tylan injectable given orally.

Back
Top Bottom