SICK RIR!!!!!! WHAT TO DO??? PICS Post #6

when you do the tylan 50 are you giving it under the skin in the chest or right into the meat of the breast? Good to know if I ever need this info.
and its a 1/2 cc not matter the age?

It doesn't look bad to me. Agree that the dark spot above the eye might indicate that she was pecked or poked by something, hence the irritation and slight swelling. I would not start her on an antibiotic unless the swelling increases or you notice other symptoms. Use the terramycin ointment twice daily and see how she is in a day or two.

Best, Lynn

Thanks for all the advice. I did not see the dark spot above her eye. I did take her to the vet and he showed me how to give her a shot. I gave her a .5 cc of Tylan 50. I got that dose off of BYC. He said that if she is not better in a couple of days that I can bring her back and they lady vet there does see birds but not chickens. She will see her because I have been a VERY good client for many years and many many animals!!!!!!

She just ate oatmeal!!!!! I have to hand feed water but I am encouraged.

Will update.

Did you give the tylan in right into the meat of the chest or just under the skin. Please tell me who they said to do it. thanks a bunch. cj

Quote:
I did it in the muscle. The dose is one I got off of this site. She weighs 5.3 pounds. She has also lost some weight because her keel bone was stuck out farther than before.

Quote:
Yes the treads said IM. I do not have the person's name I saw it on several different threads so I went with it. My vet did not see anything wrong with doing it. I will just have to trust what all I read and hope for the best.

Well this morning my gal's eye and face are not as swollen. She still does not want to eat, not even oatmeal today. I think she might have a fever and I will have to find out how to take it and what is normal.

Thanks for everyone's concern.

Back
Top Bottom