Sick rooster

Vfowler

Hatching
Feb 9, 2022
My rooster is about 1 year old. He all of a sudden a few days ago started acting very sleepy. He is not eating or drinking. His crop is empty. I have been giving him corid, B12, and pedialyte in a syringe. Not mixed together but separately. He has yellow poop that is very watery looking. I just wormed him with safeguard a few minutes ago. He is not having trouble breathing and he isn't making noise when he breathes. Is there anything else I should or could be doing? He is the best boy and I love him so much.

My rooster is about 1 year old. He all of a sudden a few days ago started acting very sleepy. He is not eating or drinking. His crop is empty. I have been giving him corid, B12, and pedialyte in a syringe. Not mixed together but separately. He has yellow poop that is very watery looking. I just wormed him with safeguard a few minutes ago. He is not having trouble breathing and he isn't making noise when he breathes. Is there anything else I should or could be doing? He is the best boy and I love him so much.
Is his wings droopy, is he sitting in the corner alone, being picked on, eating/drinking at all? Important info needed, thanks!

Is his wings droopy, is he sitting in the corner alone, being picked on, eating/drinking at all? Important info needed, thanks!
He is in a dog kennel in my bathroom. His wings don't seem droopy. He is not eating and only drinks what I force him to with the syringe.

He is in a dog kennel in my bathroom. His wings don't seem droopy. He is not eating and only drinks what I force him to with the syringe.
Unfortunately i cant give you much. The same happened to my chicken. Mine passed away and got very boney. You seemed to do a lot already and id take him to a vet, but honestly i think theyll have to cull him. im sorry. :hugs Just make sure he’s comfortable and give him love. wash your hands after and be hygenic. im not saying hes 100% going to pass, but mine did, and it sounds like he might. It doesnt sound like avain, nor salmonella, not fowl pox, any of that.

do his eyes seem responsive to light? That can be very bad if not.

Last edited:
Please post some photos of your rooster and his poop.

What do you feed including treats?

Look him over for lice/mites and check to make sure his crop is emptying overnight.

Corid dose is 2tsp liquid Corid or 1 1/2 tsp powdered Corid per gallon of water. The mixed Corid water should be the only source of drinking water during the 5-7 day treatment period. I would cut out the Pedialyte.

What dose of Safeguard did you give?
Has he eaten anything moldy or rotten?

Back
Top Bottom