Sick Rooster

He has been on semi-free range. I watched him and mounted to Delaweres. I was very happy to see. Perhaps he just needs some sunlight. I will still worm him and provide him with with extra vitamins. I need his feathers, size, and coomb to be one were. He gets a lot of attraction at the state fair when in great shape. 0n the breeding exhibition page only one person answered in regards to him. To keep it short, they didn't like him. It goes how it goes, but he isn't fully mature yet. Exhibition is different then producing strong durable meat birds or eggs. I still liked his opinion :)
I can take it :)

The cuckoo was never intended for exhibition anyhow. He color is not recognized in the USA. I do want him to fit the standard, but I really want him to produce amazing Lav chicks, that are big, feather fast, and overall sturdy. So far his chick are that. :)

Oh yes, some can be pretty snooty on the breed threads, but they are into breeding for the "Standard of Perfection" and that doesn't always make a good dual purpose bird who is fertile, can forage, and is a good lookout for hawk protection, LOL. I have been to a couple of shows where I learned what well bred chickens look like, but I don't have any interest in showing.

I found exhibiting in state. Fairs has given me platform to help people get into raising backyard bird when then they previously haven't. I exhibit White Leghorns and Delawares. 2 breeds in Utah that can thrive on pasture and little grain without decreasing egg production. I would feel fantastic using my cuckoo Lav too on the leghorns to produce a high yield foraging bird. Also, he is still young, his chest has not filled
Out yet, he breeds big meaty chicks with the leghorn. My point is exhibition can allow you to sell tons of chicks for top prices. People will just keep coming back as well!

Back
Top Bottom