Sick Roosterwh

familyfarm1

Crowing
6 Years
Jun 9, 2013
Northern Virginia
We have a three year old roo named Zorro who recently became very lethargic. He is normally very active, but one he just sits there. He won't crow and he sounds croup when he breathes. His poo is yellow and runny and he coughed up something clear yesterday. There are two other roosters that are only nine months old. Zorro usually won't let the other Roos near the hens, but now he doesn't even react. If anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful, he is our favorite.

Have you ever wormed your birds? If not I might try doing that and see if it doesnt help. You can either us Wazine, or a natural solution such as garlic or pumpkin seeds. I personally dont like Wazine as it is pretty rough on the birds, however if you cant get him to eat any of the other things it may be the best solution.

Crush up a clove and add mix it with their water. They dont tend to eat it otherwise, doesnt seem to be their favorite food...

I would worm them all, and yes you can continue to eat the eggs if you are using a natural worming method. There is a small chance your eggs might take on a slight garlicy flavor, but it shouldn't be majorly offending.

Just monitor their water in take. If they stop drinking because they dont like the flavor, maybe try a different method. You just dont want them to dehydrate themselves.

He seemed to be doing better last night. One of the younger roosters stepped out of line with the ladies and Zorro put him back in his place. I think he might have gotten a cold of some sort since he sounds croupy. I'm going to check on him right now.

Back
Top Bottom