Sick Silkie Roo! HELP!

Paintedhorsegirl

Songster
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
Yesterday morning when I went out to do my chores I opened my silkie pen to find my silkie roo face down. I thought for sure he was dead but I picked him up and he is very much alive, I gave him electrolytes with a dropper. then I had to got to work, i thought for sure he was going to be gone by the time I got home from work. I got home and he never moved from the spot I put him in and he was still face down. I put him in his own area, gave me electrolytes every few hrs til I went to bed. This morning he was yet again still in the same spot i put him in, face down. When i say his name he will lift his head but he wont stand up or eat. I felt his legs to see if they were ok, they seem to be. I sat outside with him for a while today and gave him more electrolytes but he still barley moves. I have no idea what is wrong with him or what to do. Please help, any ideas?

I have had the same problem. I have lost 4 silkie babies over the last few weeks. I have tried everything and dont know what I am doing wrong hope to read some replies.

Thanx, I will try that. It was really hot all last week, friday and saturday was almost 100 and humid. sun not so bad but it was mon morning when i found him sickly. It is cool today though, it was yesterday too! well I say cool but high 70's. I will try bathing him to see if it helps, maybe luke warm warm..continue giving him fluids...

Do you think even though its cool and rainy tonight he would still need a bath to cool down, cause its now in the 60's outside......?

I put him in my sink with cool water, I only filled it enough to cool his legs and underneath. He stayed in it for a little while then I gave him some more electrolyes. He seems more alert tonight but still not moving around or eating, maybe by morning he will be doing better, Im going to pray he's ok. Howard Fuzzworth is an amazing silkie roo and id hate to lose him...

Back
Top Bottom