Sick silkie

Bananaplinko

Chirping
Premium Feather Member
Mar 26, 2022
My silkie was fine yesterday. This morning she was laying on her side and didn’t have hardly any strength. We took her inside and gave her vitamin water. She is twisting her head around weird and is struggling with balance. She’s been inside now for a few hours and she can stand up on her own. But she is still twisting her head and has bloody poop. Any ideas on what it could be or anything I can do.

How old is she? Have you added any new birds recently? Has she been vaccinated for anything? Head injuries, vitamin E and thiamine deficiency, and Mareks and other diseases that affect the brain, will sometimes have these symptoms, except the blood in droppings. Blood may come from possible coccidiosis, liver disease, rat poison, eating something sharp, and possibly worms. Can you get vitamin E and b complex at your local Walgreens or Walmart? Dosage is vitamin E 400 IU and 1/4 tablet of b complex or super b complex vitamins daily.

How old is she? Have you added any new birds recently? Has she been vaccinated for anything? Head injuries, vitamin E and thiamine deficiency, and Mareks and other diseases that affect the brain, will sometimes have these symptoms, except the blood in droppings. Blood may come from possible coccidiosis, liver disease, rat poison, eating something sharp, and possibly worms. Can you get vitamin E and b complex at your local Walgreens or Walmart? Dosage is vitamin E 400 IU and 1/4 tablet of b complex or super b complex vitamins daily.
She is 14 weeks and has a mareks vaccination if I’m remembering correctly, the stuff I’ve been giving her has vitamin e and d in it as well as electrolytes. I haven’t added any new birds to the flock bug she has recently switched to a new feed

Sometimes an extra bit of vitamin E may be needed to treat wry neck/crook neck symptoms. What you are using probably has enough B1 thiamine, but not enough E. A bit of scrambled or.cooked egg daily will also add selenium.

Sometimes an extra bit of vitamin E may be needed to treat wry neck/crook neck symptoms. What you are using probably has enough B1 thiamine, but not enough E. A bit of scrambled or.cooked egg daily will also add selenium.
Ok I’ll try that, thank you

Do you know how I can make her eat the eggs

If she has never had them she might not be too excited. Try a little raw mixed egg in a bowl, or a little tuna or sunflower seed. Just a bit is all that is needed.

Back
Top Bottom