Sick silkie?

I'm very sorry
sad.png

The one I was comparing her two just passed away yesterday.. Out of the blue.. I don't know what to say for your poor girl..

So sorry. I would try to syringe feed her the baby vitamins, and some food in a syringe, like some yogurt with honey. If that doesn't perk her up after a day or so, there probably isn't anything more that can help her, but it's great you're trying before culling.
DE is natural, however not as effective as Sevin. If you think she has a mite or lice issue, dust her with Sevin to be sure you're taking care of any possible issue.

Quote:
We bought poultry dust. Not sure how much to dust her with, b/c she is still nipping at her neck some.Also, if she flaps her wings, and gets it in the air or on us, will it hurt us?
She is up and moving around a little more, in fact she is eating again. Hey! I thought silkies had BLACK skin? I just noticed she is loosing a crap ton of leg/wing feathers, and her skin is PINK?

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 :

I would pick her up and check in the feathers for an thorn, sore, itchey place. ect... good luck

gig.gif
I feel STOOOOPID!!! The pink is pedialyte stained feathers. However, she is still acting weird.​

Glad you let us know - I was thinking maybe you had an alien trying to pass as a silkie
lol.png
If she's eating and moving more, that's a good thing. Keeping fingers crossed things go in the right direction...

Back
Top Bottom