Sick snotty bantams

Yes we are going to cull them. Slight odor from the mucus i think but im stuffed up! As far as culling...you mean putting them down right? i dont wanna sell them again to someone else! Also how would i disinfect the coop they were in?

Yes, by cull, I mean kill. I'm sorry, I know this is not easy. It never is. The best to clean a coop with after something like this is Oxine. You can even buy it on amazon.com. It seems expensive, but really, it's much tougher than bleach on all these contagions. If I had an outbreak, I'd get some immediately.

Oxine. You will need to get Oxine and clean--I mean clean everything. You will also need to creamate the birds. Burn EVERYTHING that came close to being in contact with them. Then get a small vaporizer and add oxine to it and vaporize the coop. You cannot put birds on the ground for at least 4 months. Get agricultural lime and spread it all over the soil where they have been.

VERY contagious. I edited my comment. There is a LOT of junk out there just being spread by people getting "rid," of their birds and it is really pi**ing me off!!! I wish they would have some respect for decent bird keepers trying to CARE for their flocks and stop trying to put off their diseases on us!!!

I AM SO ANGRY!!!!!!
rant.gif

Last edited:
I am so sorry for you and your birds I am very very sorry. I love my birds and if I trusted someone to pay them and purchase birds like that and I bought a disease that may take my entire flock I would want to GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! I feel for you.
hit.gif

Bedard,

Hey, it's "wonder woolies" from RH. I'm glad you're getting some help here. I was just about to suggest you come here but see you already have. I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience with your birds so far.
sad.png

I have a question for all. Oxine has been recommended for disinfecting. Is anyone familiar with Vanodine? Anyone using it? Bedard and I are also show rabbit people and rabbit exibitors see Vanodine as the ultimate in disinfecting......everything! It's a stablized (long acting) iodine based disinfectant - kills viruses, fungi, bacteria, kills airborne illness by using it in an atominizer. It was created to battle hoof and mouth disease. http://www.vanodine.com

Anyway, just asking so Bedard doesn't have to go out and buy another product if he's already got something heavy duty at home. I've always used Vanodine to disinfect all our animals' pens, crocks, wounds, etc. Heck, I've even used it on my own human family. lol.

EDIT: This link might also be helpful as it specifically pertains to poultry. http://www.vanodine.com/vanodine_v18_poultry_disinfectant.html

Last edited:
Hi Wonder Woolies!!
big_smile.png

Yup i think im going to use Vanodine! i have bought the tycin 50 and will use that for a few days, if they dont get unsnotty then i guess i will have to cull!! I was debating on bringing them back through the auction but since its so contagous then its not worth the $10 i paid to ruin someone else's flock! I hope this stuff works!! Next time, im going to a private seller and view thier living conditions and physical conditions! Im not sure if the seller knew they were sick but snot bubbles coming from their eyes is usually a clue!

Back
Top Bottom