*sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em)

It might be a greenhouse, I'm not quite sure. But as for what looks like an egg - that is quite likely a Mothra egg. If you have watched the Mothra/Godzilla movies (someone in my house who shall go nameless loves those old Japanese monster movies), you know that the adult Mothra typically makes a heroic gesture but it never does any good. The larval form spits silly string all over the place and is a bit more successful. If Mothra is zeroing in on the big lizard, having the replacement already in the works makes sure the twins will always have something to sing to.
hu.gif

No, I didn't think Crockett would see the comic potential of the guy in the rubber Godzilla suit, nor be able to provide the hilarious commentary that has made the movies such fun around here.

But my rabbits are still working their brand of comedy, "How can we drive her crazy today?" I've had does in my hall closet all week. There's a Jersey Wooly that has been pulling fur for several days, and that's all. Yesterday, a Dwarf doe gave birth to 4 lovely, healthy kits. Here's the catch - this doe has never raised a litter. I don't think she produces any milk, so I have only risked breeding her when I have other does bred that can raise her kits for me. The only doe that is producing milk is a Mini Rex with 4 kits that are a week older, which is far from ideal.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
I used to try, but that never worked out well for me. Most of the rabbit people I have talked to say the same. Some talk about colostrum, and antibodies, though I don't know if they know what they are talking about or not (horses are born without any "passive immunity," colostrum is critical for them; it's possible that the "experts" are extrapolating from that). The only bottle babies that I have had any success with were a bit older, and only needed a little help to get to the point where they were able to eat on their own.
hu.gif

I checked that out Bruce. Someone has already succeded in creating the chicken-o-saurus, or they have naturally/unnaturally evolved. I saw several on my last trip to the moat/castle labyrinth/catacombs. Actually they were among the least scary things that I encountered on that visit.
hide.gif

Serously, BS, they looked like naked body naked necks with a long scaly tail and sharp little teeth. They were feeding on a carcass that appeared to be clothed.
ep.gif
I did not venture too close. As a matter of fact, I was hustling my way to safety away from this giant perverse rabbit.
barnie.gif
Their heads and upper necks were fully feathered in a variety of colors - combs were a purplish red color and extremely large.

... I noticed today that I'm loosing my thread killer touch /img/smilies/hu.gif I used to be able to kill threads by meerly THINKING about posting on them, now I have to post more than three times! And sometime THAT don't even kill them, *sigh* oh well /img/smilies/caf.gif I'm just getting old I guess /img/smilies/idunno.gif

Well, I have been gone for a bit but I used to be able to kill a thread just like the best of em. Let's see how this one goes :)

Back
Top Bottom