*sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em)

Thank you, babfffel. I know Texas is a big state, but with the news being all about phenomenal rainfall amounts and flooding, it's good to know y'all are OK.

Tough times here - Critter is selling the 49'er. This isn't a token gesture; he has listed it on the class sales board, and has had a couple of nibbles already.

For those who don't remember, this is a 49er:

Here is one from a different angle:

People who sail 49er's find themselves doing this

and this

and this

a lot.

It's an extreme sailboat, with an insane amount of sail attached to a clam shell of a hull. Critter is finally acknowledging what we both have known all along; this thing takes split-second reflexes and a great deal of agility to sail, and he simply hasn't got it any more (if, in fact, he ever had it). On relatively calm days, he and our DS had some fun sailing it, but with neither of our kids having much interest in it now, well, it seems a shame to have it just sitting in the yard, gathering mildew and pine needles.

It's kind of like a horseman reluctantly admitting, "he's a wonderful horse, he'll be a great horse for someone else, but he's too much horse for me," and putting the horse up for sale. It needed to be done, but it's kinda sad, just the same.

But on the other hand, Critter spent a lot of time repairing the Force5 over the winter, and at the club's first regatta, he came in second place in one race. All in all, I think he'll have more fun with the Force5; I know I will worry a lot less!

No, Sour. If you look at the sails in the pictures, you can see flags. Those are teams that their respective countries sent to the Olympics, and they still have that kind of trouble sailing the dratted things . . . .

Oh... Yeah.... Such a...... practical boat
roll.png
I guess that's one word for it.

So, it's a boy.

I'm home, on IV antibiotics, oral antibiotics, and a ton of other meds. Hoping to stay home this time. The infectious disease doctor said if it happens again I'm stuck in the hospital for the remainder of the pregnancy. 11 days without my kids was hard, I can't handle months.

Hope you all are doing ok here.

But em... Are you eating? Like proper levels of eating?

-sigh-

I am breathing... So :ya me!

I also had a bunch of ducklings hatch.... Which is awesome, but :/ i kinda wish the Muscovy weren't so smart and such awesome mothers. They try to skin me alive if I want to check on them... Since they know that I am the taker of ducklings.

In the hospital I was doing pretty good at eating. I think the combo of IV fluids, IV phenergren were helping a lot. Now that I'm home I've backslid a bit, and the symptoms of the infection have come back. I've felt pretty rough the last few days. But I think I figured out what he difference is, and I can get back on track now. (They gave me liquid oral antibiotics at the hospital, pills here. So I'm opening the pills now to see if that helps the digestion.) fingers crossed, because the infectious disease doctor didn't want to release me at all. He thinks I need to be in the hospital until the baby is born. I just can't fathom it. I am eating a little, but not getting much to stay in. The digestion of the pills thing literally just occurred to me, so I'll let you know later today if I improve.

Love Muscovy ducks. They were my absolute favorite on the farm.

I'm just repeating "I can do this I can do this..."

Then I remember it's all the way to November and I'm not so sure.
1f610.png
If I could kick these infections, I'd be happy. The double whammy of infections and HG is just intolerable.

Back
Top Bottom