*sigh* Opposites attract.

Quote:
No offense intended cindi, but I read this and was like, HE WHAT!?!?! Are you/he and the boss friends?? The boss invites you out it is a career issue. Feeling you out. Any and every time I got invited out with spouse to meal with boss and his/her spouse it involved promotions or major career opportunities.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Quote:
No offense intended cindi, but I read this and was like, HE WHAT!?!?! Are you/he and the boss friends?? The boss invites you out it is a career issue. Feeling you out. Any and every time I got invited out with spouse to meal with boss and his/her spouse it involved promotions or major career opportunities.

Not really friends, acquaintances maybe, everybody knows everybody around here. His top guy in the company, is my first cousin who has worked for him for nearly 2 decades, and pretty much MADE the company what it is since that time. So, no not friends, but vaguely connected. I am FB friends with his wife through another friend and have never even met her face to face
lol.png
It's weird. I thought about insisting we go, but no point with my DH
roll.png
The same thing did however cross my mind as well....still....no point fussing with him.
hmm.png

Wendy'sChicksRock :

when BOTH people are " Social butterflies" nothing gets done. We have to balance eachother out. somehow it works.. What ya need is time out with your friends minus the hubby..
wink.png

Let the DH do the laundry
wink.png

Exactly, I'll just go without him. But I'll still have to do the laundry when I get back
tongue.png

The only problem is that I don't have that many friends, but whatever, I'll go visit my parents or something, they always cook. Or I used to go shopping, just for the heck of it, not really buying anything, I like to do it in the spring when Lowes and such places are putting out garden stuff ---- but not this time of year.​

Quote:

Not really friends, acquaintances maybe, everybody knows everybody around here. His top guy in the company, is my first cousin who has worked for him for nearly 2 decades, and pretty much MADE the company what it is since that time. So, no not friends, but vaguely connected. I am FB friends with his wife through another friend and have never even met her face to face
lol.png
roll.png
The same thing did however cross my mind as well....still....no point fussing with him.
hmm.png

Wow, that's a shame. I am not sociable by nature. I prefer to stay home, but I would have gone just to see....... Top guy seeks you out - you go.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Quote:
lol.png
roll.png
hmm.png

Wow, that's a shame. I am not sociable by nature. I prefer to stay home, but I would have gone just to see....... Top guy seeks you out - you go.​

Yep.
hmm.png
DH doesn't 'get that.'

Back
Top Bottom