Sigh

sean_wonder

Songster
6 Years
Jul 9, 2016
My Coop
My Coop
Having the brooder in your room is all fun and games until the week old weirdos decide that 12am is a perfectly acceptable hour for settling the pecking order. :hit I'm so tired ladies, please just let me sleep

:lau
Did you put any chick toys in?
No... all the toys I find either require food or noise in order to be exciting. I was gonna build them a roost soon and see if that helps. We play with them every day but that doesn't stop them from chasing each other in circles. Perhaps it is a bit too boring for them now that they're sleeping less and playing harder. Gahhhhh

I've heard you should introduce any new foods or treats to chicks until they're four weeks or so, but I've also heard contradictory things, so I'm playing it safe...

You may want to move them OUT of your room. All that dander dust is not really good for your lungs.
We have drafts and open our windows very often, but I am aware of the dust. They're getting the boot as soon as they hit four weeks for sure. My room has never been so warm nor smelled so pleasantly in all my years of living, so I rather enjoy it. And, when they choose to be calm about their play, I love to hear their soft peeps while I rest

Back
Top Bottom