Sight Sexing Barred Plymouth Rock Chicks at Hatch

Pics

Hi, I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone could confirm this is indeed a Roo? We took a gamble at the poultry supplier and after reading BR Plymouth threads I'm pretty sure I'm right. If it is a Roo we won't be able to keep him
2639.png
pretty sure that isn't a barred Rock.

Hard to tell legs are dark but comb looks big and pink. Can I see a pic of the head spot and wing tips
smile.png
I'll try to get some wing pics, but here are better leg shots and overhead view...

This is "Blue"...the legs look really bright under the light, but in natural light they look darker.

And this is "Green"

I'll try to get some wing pics, but here are better leg shots and overhead view... This is "Blue"...the legs look really bright under the light, but in natural light they look darker. And this is "Green"
Green is a girl. Can't be sure on Blue the head spot is very spread out. Maybe wait a week and check the wing tips see if the 2 birds look different

Awesome! The program says the chicks aren't sexed, but I wonder if they tried to send more "girl" looking chicks? Most of them had the dark legs. Their feathers are definitely growing! I'll make sure I post an update in a few weeks!

Back
Top Bottom