Signs of Hatching** Heat? (LAST POST below)

iamjason

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 22, 2011
Today is offically Day 22, i read on here that someone said that the days dont start the day you put it in the incubator..but my chick dont show any signs of hatching.. its still alive..what are some signs that an egg does before it hatches

Last edited:
Candling an seeing a shadow in the air sack, hearing peeping, an rocking eggs.

Assuming your temp is right, hatch day ends on the same day of the week an time of day that you set them.
If you set at noon on a Monday most should hatch between noon on Sunday an noon on Monday. That is day 21.

Last edited:
I dont see any of them signs.. but the chick is moving in the egg,,but not the egg... i put them in on July 4th late in the night like 9:00pm-10

How many eggs have you got and what kind of bator are you using?

Signs of hatching are seeing eggs rocking and hearing peeping or tapping noises, but you don't always get that before they pip and start hatching...

its a homemade incubator, styrofoam icechest..with a light on the top, with a small fan, with a little cup of water... and theres only one chicken egg left i had four, and one died sunday, and i cracked it open, and it was dead, but it was a full chicken with black feathers, and everything. and now i have one left, and its still alive, its moving in the egg. and this is my first time incubating chicken eggs or any other egg. I dont have enough moneu for a incubator.

What you've described IS a proper incubator, just a homemade one. Lots of people on here prefer the homemade ones you know.

I'd say leave it be, maybe put another cup of water in there to get the humidity nice and high, and just wait...

Is the egg supose to get real hot too.. the temp say 100 but the egg gets really hot
?

Back
Top Bottom