Silent duck

Keavey

In the Brooder
Aug 15, 2017
i have recently noticed that 1 of my ducks can’t quack. She is clearly trying to but no noise comes out. Is this normal?

Carmella lost her quack for a while. ACV did not seem to help so I took her to the vet. They found nothing. So I took a guess and put maybe ten drops of colloidal silver in her 2 gallon water container overnight. Next day she was able to quack a little. Did that once more and she was fine. Silver is a metal, so it needs to be used with caution, not for long term.

Now that I know more about turmeric, I would put that into moistened food and see if its anti inflammatory properties might help.

Last edited:
Carmella lost her quack for a while. ACV did not seem to help so I took her to the vet. They found nothing. So I took a guess and put maybe ten drops of colloidal silver in her 2 gallon water container overnight. Next day she was able to quack a little. Did that once more and she was fine. Silver is a metal, so it needs to be used with caution, not for long term.

Now that .i know more about turmeric, I would put that into moistened food and see if its anti inflammatory properties might help.
@onaharley

Back
Top Bottom