Silkie boys or girls -pics

dont be finding them homes yet!!! In a month they may change genders
lol.png

They look like a boy,girl,boy to me. But I dont really know what i am talking about.
wink.png

YALL! Her birds are only 10 weeks old. How can any of you be certain that those birds are male or female?

At 10 weeks old, even educated guesses have her trying to get rid of them. I apologize but perhaps we should explain that even our BEST educated guesses cannot be guaranteed. Wouldn't you hate for her to sell these birds and later found out that you were wrong?

Thank you all for your concern about me getting rid possible girls. I know at this point it is just a best guess. In reality, I really only wanted to keep the blue one anyway (what I really wanted was a splash but none of the 14 splash eggs hatched), and was only going to keep a buff if the blue one was a boy. Now I'm thinking I may sell both buffs and try for a splash next spring.

Thanks for all the help.

Quote:
Indeed you are right, we can only offer our best guesses at this point, based on past experience.

ps.
OP: Dont lose faith yet, i have a beautiful Buff hen named Momoko, who looks very similer to #1. (i have a pic of Momoko on my personal page if youd like to compare the two.)

Back
Top Bottom