Silkie Breeding Colors

ChloeSilkie08

Crowing
Sep 10, 2020
Arkansas
Hello! I am wondering what my silkie chick colors will be.
I have:
Blue/Splash Rooster (Percy)
3 White Females (Muffin, Sugar, Snow)
2 Buff Females (Gingersnap, Buttercup)
1 Splash Female (Dottie)
1 Black Female (Sophie)
1 Silver Partridge
1 Lavender/Porcelain
What will I get when I breed them to a Blue/Splash rooster. All are silkies by the way.
Love this website and wanted to be apart of the chicken community!

Last edited:
No knowing what the chicks from the white hens will look like, unless you happen to what colour/pattern genetics are hidden under the white.

Blue with splash makes blue and splash.

Blue with black makes blue and black.

Blue with buff will create a bird that is likely to have a buff front half and a blue or black back half. They will be split wheaten/extended black on the e locus.

Silver partridge with blue will get black and blue probably with leakage (split to partridge).

Blue with lavender makes black and blue (split to lavender).

No knowing what the chicks from the white hens will look like, unless you happen to what colour/pattern genetics are hidden under the white.

Blue with buff will create a bird that is likely to have a buff front half and a blue or black back half. They will be split wheaten/extended black on the e locus.

Silver partridge with blue will get black and blue probably with leakage (split to partridge).

Thank you! I will try and post some pictures of the chicks!

Do you have a picture of him and the lavender/porcelain?
The middle chick is the lavender/porcelain. She/he doesn't have spots so I know she isn't a splash.
DSC_0481.JPG

:goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom