Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Thanks Peep. I will begin showing them in the spring.
And since I have not contributed for a while (busy with puppies), I will post a very valuable tip for all newbies.
Although this picture is ADORABLE, be careful with blueing shampoos!!!!
gig.gif

Love the purple pretties!! LOL

And since I have not contributed for a while (busy with puppies), I will post a very valuable tip for all newbies.
gig.gif

I suppose the judge doesn't go for this look....
tongue.png

Oh, that'll be a nice feeling, Christina -- a long winter break!

I need to stop hatching for a couple of months...hmm, yeah right! LOL
Stop hatching????!!! What would I do all winter??

Quote:
EXACTLY what I was thinking. A house just isn't right without being filled with young chickens all winter. To that end, I have a few dozen cooking in the incubators as we speak. Hatch date: December 1.
big_smile.png

Looking for Miss Betty White --- female friends for Elliot ....
big_smile.png
(Some lavenders and porcelains tossed in for luck ....
fl.gif
)

EXACTLY what I was thinking. A house just isn't right without being filled with young chickens all winter. To that end, I have a few dozen cooking in the incubators as we speak. Hatch date: December 1.
big_smile.png

Looking for Miss Betty White --- female friends for Elliot ....
big_smile.png
(Some lavenders and porcelains tossed in for luck ....
fl.gif
)
hoping for the best barb :)

Adoravachick, it's funny how many people love Parelli! I also have a lot of his stuff. Of course.
tongue.png
Did you ever get to take any clinics with him? He is fun to work with!

Poulettes, thank you! I'm going to have to take a break, my back was killing me this weekend and I need to see a chiropracter soon. I'm going to have to miss Shawnee, which is one I really did not want to miss. It's one of the biggest shows down here-- in Oklahoma and people from all over drive in. Sigh. :( Bummer, but I'll be ready to roll again this Spring!

PeepBlessed, thank you! And yes, I totally think you should do a show, I think you'd really enjoy it. It's really only as stressful as you make it out to be. Really, if you bring a lawnchair and snacks, you can just sit back and enjoy once the judging starts. We do our fluffing before hand and then the rest of the day is whatever you make of it. I usually hunt down people I know and have fun. And it's easy to make new friends-- everyone usually wants to talk about their birds.
wink.png
The sale areas are a lot of fun, too.

ChisNchickens, your purple bird---- HILARIOUS!! I laughed! That was so funny! Oops!

ChickenCrazee-- thank you! I know Colter was totally stoked about his win. I'm glad he got it so he'll keep wanting to go! He didn't win anything on Showmanship and he was pretty disappointed, but I had to remind him about "losing gracefully"! The losses are just as important, I think! Good luck at your upcoming show this weekend!! That is going to be one busy week for you!! With Thanksgiving and then the show! Yikes! I don't know if I could swing that one, even if I was feeling better! I hope Cody does really well-- wishing him lots of luck!

Me&Jack, thank you! Also, looks like you did really great at your last show too! This has been a really fun season so far! I'm excited for my pullets to start laying and start in with the breeding! I have had to stop hatching, though. I just have too much going on and I need to build some more pens anyway, to expand with! I've promised myself I can hatch again in Feb! What do you do with all of your babies in the winter? I have a brooder set up in the garage, but it's not big enough to hold more than 20 at a time.

I have no decent pictures of my girl...she always stands in strange poses. Here she is at the show, but I don't think you'll find it very helpful. Will post more pics of her if I can get something decent. LOL

Congratulations again on your wins!

The porcelains

I can't wait to see how these lovely porcelains turn out.

Congratulations! I'm so glad you and your son are having fun showing. When he grows up and looks back on this, you will have really nice memories.

:gig

Looks like you are ready for Easter. lol

I can't wait to see how these lovely porcelains turn out.
I am obsessed with the porcelains! I can't wait either. I think I may cut down my white pen, stay with a trio or a quad, and trim down my BBS pen. Got a few cockerels that are popping up.
That splash that I got at the Cobleskill show a couple of months ago, no wattles, no comb, no crowing, still have my finders crossed for a girl. My black hen is finally coming out of molt, the blue roo has been stalking her and is doing a whole lot of dancing for her. They are funny.

Back
Top Bottom