Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

I wanted to get your thoughts on these two boy. Comments and critiques welcome.
Another one of my black cockerels, this one is from a pure black pen. 6 months old. I am worried about a slight slipped wing on one side.

I am still thinking about selling this cockerel. He has very nice wings tight wings. I feel like he looks a little off balance, like his tai should be a little more full?
Both pretty boys and young....give them a little more time.....If the black is a true black from an all Black pen.....I would keep him,it is getting harder and harder to find true black with all the BBS pens and paint /black breeding going on.

Both pretty boys and young....give them a little more time.....If the black is a true black from an all Black pen.....I would keep him,it is getting harder and harder to find true black with all the BBS pens and paint /black breeding going on.

Yup I agree with what she says!!!
wink.png
I think they are both good looking boys!

How can you tell typiness in a chick? How old are they? Mine are about a month, and I am dying to tell if they are as amazing as I hope they'll be!

I already have some guesses as to the sex of a few. My buff is the smallest and I haven't seen it fighting at all, as some of the others have been. I am going to name her Miss Bessie :)
I have a couple of chicks that have that S shape right out of the eggs, my others are a little more upright.

How can you tell typiness in a chick? How old are they? Mine are about a month, and I am dying to tell if they are as amazing as I hope they'll be!

I already have some guesses as to the sex of a few. My buff is the smallest and I haven't seen it fighting at all, as some of the others have been. I am going to name her Miss Bessie :)

I have a couple of chicks that have that S shape right out of the eggs, my others are a little more upright.

I often see typiness in a chick but others develop it later.

Does anyone have pictures of typie chicks. As my chicks hatch I would love to be able to look for good or bad traits to train my eyes!

It's always fun to see which chicks really surprise you, right?
big_smile.png
Yes, The girl in my avatar was unimpressive until she was close to 3 mos.
Does anyone have pictures of typie chicks. As my chicks hatch I would love to be able to look for good or bad traits to train my eyes!

All of the above Catdance chicks turned out with great type.

Here is the unimpressive black one in the middle.

This is the very upright blue one.

Back
Top Bottom