Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Pretty sure it is a roo....looks like "he" is developing a comb. Does it feel like a lump where a comb would be? Usually a pullet would be pretty flat.
Yeah, but nori's was like that too. Ice's looks differenent than Nori and Hachi's has ever looked. Ice's is smooth and flat but Nori's and hachi;s was raised and wrinkly. The babies is pretty bumpy, and she's prepared to find out it's a roo, but hopefully by the time it crows I have a house and can take it. I'm going to give her a toulouse/nori baby too.

475213_10150655290016950_69544652_o.jpg

Last edited:
who can....Sherri wasn't even the one who sold it. Some else hatched it from her eggs and put it up for auction. She sell her sizzle eggs for $45 a doz plus shipping
That would be me that sold her lol! I put her for auction starting at $50. I was pretty amazed how high it went so in the end I paid the shipping to help offset the sale price.. Sheri has beautiful birds but I had decided not to breed Sizzles and concentrate on my Silkies.

Last edited:
Sherry,it was fun to watch that day! And she was a beautiful example of a SQ sizzles . That auction got Sherri some well deserved attention on the work she has put into that variety. Here in California we have gotten to see her progress.Maybe you could post a picture of the splash you sold. She was lovely

Love your avatar photo, Sherry! How is your hatch going?
Thanks Judy,... that is "Glitter" in my Avatar and hopefully some of the chicks hatching are hers. two chicks so far and one pipped another pipped at the bottom, hoping it will still hatch.
fl.gif
and hoping for at least a few more to hatch. This is day 21 until about 6:00 pm tonight .

Back
Top Bottom