Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

I have some shipped silkie eggs I'm trying to incubate my first time ever. So excited thought they would be here July third. Now on day 25 N still no arrival any help or advice what to do. Do U think they are still coming ? Did the water test. They floated and we thought they moved but was has to tell
[/IMG]

It's 82 degrees here which is hot for the PNW. I've been breeding my whites for a full year now and finally see some improvement on the parents.

This pullet is four months old and has better type than both the male and the females in the breeding trio. I know she is young to judge harshly but this is what I want her to do: Fill out her cushion more and hopefully bring it up closer to the back of her neck.

She is better than the other two pullets in her hatch so far. Her legs are shorter and held under her in a more balanced way. The other two pullets seem awkward and lengthy. Like their mothers. This pullet got balance from her father and feathered middle toe. A better crest from her mother. Anyone want to help me critique her? Or is four months still too soon?

Any ideas what colors these Silkies are? I thought they were white and blue but now that I'm reading threads the chipmunk like markings are partridge?

Hey everyone! I've recently gotten into silkies, and have gotten a couple silkies and sizzles from my soon-to-be mother in law. I have this one blue(?) silkie, about 6 months old in this picture, and my question is she has some light brownish coloring on her hackles. I've seen this suggested as a bad thing, would/should this prevent me from showing her? Any other critiques? Thank you!

Hey everyone! I've recently gotten into silkies, and have gotten a couple silkies and sizzles from my soon-to-be mother in law. I have this one blue(?) silkie, about 6 months old in this picture, and my question is she has some light brownish coloring on her hackles. I've seen this suggested as a bad thing, would/should this prevent me from showing her? Any other critiques? Thank you!

Keep her out of the sun and see if the colour clears up after she molts. Sunburned feathers can look like leakage...

Back
Top Bottom