Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

I have some shipped silkie eggs I'm trying to incubate my first time ever. So excited thought they would be here July third. Now on day 25 N still no arrival any help or advice what to do. Do U think they are still coming ? Did the water test. They floated and we thought they moved but was has to tell
[/IMG]

Did you do everything right since this is your first hatch ?

A few months ago I bought 2 silkie hens .. The paint silkie hen that I got was fertile and became broody and she hatched three chicks!! They all looked like paint silkies at first, but know (2 1/2 months old) have pretty red brown colors .. I thought they were just dirty .. A calico silkie is the father.. Is this normal.. Paint-calico silkies lol.. Could I show them???? They look to be very good quality

Last edited:
A few months ago I bought 2 silkie hens .. The paint silkie hen that I got was fertile and became broody and she hatched three chicks!! They all looked like paint silkies at first, but know (2 1/2 months old) have pretty red brown colors .. I thought they were just dirty .. A calico silkie is the father.. Is this normal.. Paint-calico silkies lol.. Could I show them???? They look to be very good quality

Can you post pictures of them?

One of my 7 week old silkies has completely feathered feet (all toes). If I were to show her would she have points deducted due to that? Also, what exactly would be ideal foot feathering?

Back
Top Bottom