Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Definitely I know I could use the help. I bought 3 baby silkies over the summer and have come to find out all 3 are roosters there crowing there around 15 weeks still small but as much as I like the little guys I have to sell them I have a RI rooster he's about the same age but he's huge and there still small in Massachusetts Plymouth county I can supply pics

Meet Slimy Bob, our first ever Silkie from our very first incubator hatch! Slimy Bob is great. Everybody loves Slimy Bob; he's unique and beautiful, very friendly, full of curiosity, mischievous and slightly (Okay, VERY) naughty... and probably a rooster. My young son named him. We are city folk, new to chickens and I guess the kids were NOT prepared to watch a live hatch by the look of disgust and horror on their faces when Slimy Bob finally made his appearance, hence the name 'Slimy Bob'. We WERE going to change it, but it fits him quite well now.

And here's the rest of the gang, Booger (grey), Pretty Girl (white), Nugget (black) and Master P (partridge). We had another white/grey who had splay leg and despite the vitamins, scrambled eggs, shoes, splints and extra TLC, still did not make it. :(

This is her and she is the only one of 5 silkies that I have that has no easily noticeable disqualifications.
She is pretty good as I can tell. Her crest needs to be a little more Afro like
1f602.png
. I'll upload some pics.

Back
Top Bottom