Silkie chick color?

AlanaB

Hatching
Feb 28, 2020
Hi all :)

I’m very curious to hear opinions on this chick’s future color? I was told it should be a splash. Unfortunately I have no idea of parents’ colors. It’s a week old. The wings and feet feathers are white, head is yellow and back and chest are this grey/smokey cream/blue...I’m not sure lol What you all think?

Thank you in advance
AFB3DF0D-D6ED-4B16-B86E-D9B55F481DA3.png 4C96D99E-C51B-425D-8EC2-4764D75821D8.png 1AFBBCC6-A0EA-42FA-8466-41B78041F9FB.png

I’m new to silkies so excuse my ignorance if so, but my other silkie chick that’s definitely white does not have this Smokey tone anywhere. It’s just yellow and white. That’s why I thought maybe it’ll be some other color

White, chick down does not always determine feather color. The smokiness you are seeing may be genetic base color, but it will feather in all white. I’ve had chicks almost look light blue/ silvery because they were silver based and feathered in all white.
It may be a very light splash that will be determined when it feathers out and you start seeing blue splashes. Without knowing the parents colors it’s really hard to tell until it feathers out.

no idea what the colors are called on my 3 babie silkies. They are 10 weeks old. Momma and daddy are on left in picture. Don’t know if they are boys or girls yet either

34555281-F53F-44E7-9F0B-90B54F8837C3.jpeg

White, chick down does not always determine feather color. The smokiness you are seeing may be genetic base color, but it will feather in all white. I’ve had chicks almost look light blue/ silvery because they were silver based and feathered in all white.
It may be a very light splash that will be determined when it feathers out and you start seeing blue splashes. Without knowing the parents colors it’s really hard to tell until it feathers out.
Thank you for detailed reply! She’s been feathering out all white so far, very pure cooler tone white so I guess it’s the silver base that was showing. About 6 week old now so I’m assuming it’ll stay white. Thanks again :)

Back
Top Bottom