Silkie chick with limp

h3nnyp3nny!

Songster
Aug 28, 2017
Are her scales raised on that middle toe? Looks like they are. She could have sadly leg mites. :confused: I could just be seeing things though.
They're a little raised, but I thought it was because of her feathers. It's kind of hard to tell with feather footed chickens.

Wyorp Rock

🐓 ❤ 🐛
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Sep 20, 2015
Southern N.C. Mountains
I don't really see anything concerning with the foot. Is the toenail pressing into her feet by any chance?
I don't see any SLM, just feet with feathers.
I would try the vitamin therapy, watch to see if her toenail or toe is curling under her foot.

I was unable to view the video.

Weeg

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
I don't really see anything concerning with the foot. Is the toenail pressing into her feet by any chance?
I would try the vitamin therapy, watch to see if her toenail or toe is curling under her foot.

I'm probably looking to hard then. It is hard to tell with the feathered feet. :D
I wasn't able to view the video either.

h3nnyp3nny!

Songster
Aug 28, 2017

Her claws aren't curling into her feet, and I don't think her toes are curling, it's just the way she was holding her feet. Her middle toe on her left foot kind of has an odd kink in it, but it doesn't seem to be affecting her, since she's putting most of her weight on her left foot. I'll have another link here in a moment. When she sits she seems to rock back onto her hocks, and when she stands she puts her right foot further back than her left.

h3nnyp3nny!

Songster
Aug 28, 2017

here's the new link

h3nnyp3nny!

Songster
Aug 28, 2017
I hope so. We're going to set her up in a different cage today to help keep her from hurting herself more and I'm giving her vitamin B every day, so fingers crossed.

Top Bottom