Silkie chick with limp

Are her scales raised on that middle toe? Looks like they are. She could have sadly leg mites. :confused: I could just be seeing things though.
They're a little raised, but I thought it was because of her feathers. It's kind of hard to tell with feather footed chickens.

I don't really see anything concerning with the foot. Is the toenail pressing into her feet by any chance?
I don't see any SLM, just feet with feathers.
I would try the vitamin therapy, watch to see if her toenail or toe is curling under her foot.

I was unable to view the video.

I don't really see anything concerning with the foot. Is the toenail pressing into her feet by any chance?
I would try the vitamin therapy, watch to see if her toenail or toe is curling under her foot.

I'm probably looking to hard then. It is hard to tell with the feathered feet. :D
I wasn't able to view the video either.

Her claws aren't curling into her feet, and I don't think her toes are curling, it's just the way she was holding her feet. Her middle toe on her left foot kind of has an odd kink in it, but it doesn't seem to be affecting her, since she's putting most of her weight on her left foot. I'll have another link here in a moment. When she sits she seems to rock back onto her hocks, and when she stands she puts her right foot further back than her left.

here's the new link

I hope so. We're going to set her up in a different cage today to help keep her from hurting herself more and I'm giving her vitamin B every day, so fingers crossed.

Did you ever find out what was wrong with her or did she heal? My Silkie mix is having similar issues that started 5 days ago.
I never figured out what exactly it was. He(learned he was a rooster a little while ago) did heal from it, thankfully. My best guess is that he strained his leg. I gave him liquid vitamin B mixed in a small handfull of his food every night for a month or so to see if that would help, and now he gets along just fine. Hope this helped and your silky mix gets better!

Back
Top Bottom