BlueHorse17

Free Ranging
8 Years
Mar 20, 2015
USA
My Coop
My Coop
C8D93E5C-37BD-42B5-B780-20930C45FC2D.jpeg

Hello everyone! I have straight run, 6 week old Silkie chicks available. I have some blue and some white. They have been vaccinated for Marek’s. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks! (The photo is a little older.)

Last edited:
Hi there, do you ever sell silkie pullet hens? Curious about what color they are and what they cost. I am looking for two, but I am still waiting for my neighbor to give me her coop when she moves. I am in Oakland. I think it will be a few more weeks. Thanks. Charna

Hi there, do you ever sell silkie pullet hens? Curious about what color they are and what they cost. I am looking for two, but I am still waiting for my neighbor to give me her coop when she moves. I am in Oakland. I think it will be a few more weeks. Thanks. Charna
Hi Charna. When it comes to Silkies I don’t sell them as females until I know for sure they aren’t going to be crowing. Typically this is when they turn around 4-5 months old. They’re a bit difficult for me to sex accurately (unless I get them DNA tested, or unless the buyer wants to sex themselves) so I wait to make sure. I normally have blues or whites, sometimes black. The straight run chicks are $15 each and when older the pullets will be $30 each.

They’re a breed that I’m fairly new to raising. Most of my flock has been Australorps, Sex Links, Rocks, Sussex, Jersey Giants, Ameracauna, and Orpingtons.

Back
Top Bottom