Silkie chicks FS Ohio

horsechick

Songster
12 Years
Nov 14, 2007
Eaton, Ohio
$3 each. They are all around 6-8wks old. located eaton ohio near indiana line. i70 and 35 and rt.40. thanks for your time.

Hi,
Just got our computer back up n running.
The black/blues (still too young to tell what color?)we have are pet quality due to four toes, we are no longer using that roo in the program.
The whites are our first batch from that particular group, they look pretty nice so far, really nice leg feathering, toe spacing etc.
We just seperated our pens, as well, into one or two hens with one roo each. So hopefully we should have some nice ones next year. (my kids will be showing them as well.) All came from hatching eggs we bought from some of the well known breeders that sell on-line. (even our four toe gorgeous roo
hmm.png
-he really is gorgeous but only 4 toes and since most of his chicks hatched with only 4 I don't think he can throw 5 toes- just goes to show even when buying the best you never really know what you get in the end.
wink.png
)
I will try to get some pics, thanks for your time!
Take care!

We might be interested in 2-3 if you have any pullets. We are just looking to mix some in with out Brahmas and they would be more pets than show birds. Can you tell me what you have left. we are in Columbus and would be willing to make the trip.

Quote:
Have you tried putting him with a different bloodline w/ a strong 5 toe record, to see if he throws five toes? If a roo is really beautiful, sometimes breaking up the bloodline and never breeding them back to either breeding bloodline is a way to get away from the 4 toe. Then of course you find yourself needing a third line for the new 5 toed chicks, but it can be worth it if he is truly gorgeous. Only an idea/suggestion. Unless I am short roos in a rare color, when I get one once in awhile, I give them to youth at shows and locally for showmanship. Cath

hi. thanks for the suggestions. we do have some different lines,sassy silkies, fluff n stuff, peekaboo, bluebell, hattrick, and standfords in bator now. but he is our only black one right now. i will keep him and try. if anything our kids show and im sure we could find someone in 4h if all else fails. i did get one from him w 5 toes andwill keep it to see what it looks like when older. thanks so much for the suggestion. always greatly appreciated! take care. angela

Back
Top Bottom