Silkie Chicks

TownhouseSeramas

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 24, 2011
Elkton, MD
I heard that at a certain age Partridges started to show signs of being one sex or the other. And I was wondering what those were? Also I have some "black" silkies that are starting to get red and tan coloring in them, anyone have any idea of what colors those would be? I also have a "black" that's starting to get "salt and pepper" coloring... Would that be a splash or something else?

Quote:
This is the "black" one that is getting red coloring coming in:
DSC00895.jpg

And this is my "salt and pepper" chick
DSC00878.jpg

DSC00874.jpg

DSC00872.jpg

I have two females that started out like the first two chicks, mostly black with some partridge feathering, and then I ended up with the gender confused all partridge that even at 7months I'm not really sure what it is... I'm thinking it's our beta rooster who doesn't crow because the alpha crows non stop, simply based on the fact that it lays no eggs at all and has no interest in nest boxes/ect... where it's sisters of the same age have been laying for several weeks and are now infact broody and sitting on a clutch of eggs LoL

Silkies - there's just no telling!!
wink.png

I have two the exact same way, but mine didnt start getting the other color on them until they were full size....mine are about 7-8 months old....my "blue" one has white or gray looking hair on the back of his neck and my "black" one has red coming on the back of his neck....they are both boys and come from a silkie breeder....I emailed her about them and she said that she had never seen that before....so who knows!!!!!!!
barnie.gif
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom