Silkie Cochins??

youdontknow32

Songster
11 Years
Sep 29, 2008
South Western PA
Well I read some where that their are silkie cochins so...

One if you have one or some would you post some pictures for me please?

and 2 if you are planning on selling eggs or chicks please pm me or e-mail me!!

Thanks

-Nicole=)

Yes, I would love to see pics too of the sizzles.

I have silkie/cochins, but they are not the sizzles. They are very unique! Very beautiful & friendly.

Oh boy! I have silkies and I have frizzles. I think I am seeing some frizzles in my future, lol!

I'd love to see some pics too. This isn't going to be a recognised breed though, right? Just sort of like a "cockapoo" or "pekapoo" dog? Sounds really cute!

I saw a pic on Feathersite... it was a spontaneous silkie cochin that popped up in a flock.

http://www.thehatchingpost.com/sizzle.html

Sizzles: Sizzles originated with a cross between a silkie and a frizzled cochin. Through generations of breeding only the hard feathering of the cochin characteristics remain. All other characteristics are silkie in nature. They have beards, topknots, dark skin, five toes, walnut combs and are feather footed. This means if you have a sizzle, you have a silkie with soft fluffy CURLY feathering.

Soooooo.... if you bred out all of the Silkie traits until you had a silkie feathered cochin, then it would be a silkie cochin and not a sizzle.

I don't have any sizzle pics of my own, as i just started my line, but I do have a silkie feathered cochin I can take a pic of, just have not had time the past couple days.

Sizzles are normal feathered (in other words not silkied), frizzled, but have all of the silkie traits, black skin, 5 toes, walnut comb, turquiose earlobes, etc. Now sizzles can produce frizzled silkies (these have the silkie feathering) and they look like they have kinky hair.

There are several people working on them as a breed, however no club or standard has been formed as of yet to my knowledge.

Katie

RedCochPrSilkieFeath.JPEG

Back
Top Bottom