Silkie cockerel or pullet? 3 months old

Pics
A few more pics.. I might take more tomorrow too.. I'll pull back Easter's crest and do a comb one. IMG_20210806_113750.jpg
IMG_20210806_113736.jpg

Lower back has slightly droopy saddle feathers. Tail has sickles extending longer than the tail... Crest is full and round. Large comb. Long neck feathers... I'm still going for male
I need close ups of face and tail.
This thread may help: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/tips-on-sexing-silkies.1477252/

Screenshot_20210806-152312~2.png

MALE
  • Tail feathers extend lomger than tail
  • Wide U-shaped comb
  • Wattle growth
  • Feathers extending from crest
  • Lower back feathers droop down the sides
  • Neck feathers are long

Screenshot_20210806-152352~2.png

FEMALE
  • Round crest
  • Comb is thin and goes up in 2 parallel lines and join into a small walnut
  • Saddle feathers are in an upside down U shape and don't extend furtger than the tail
  • Neck feathers are shorter

@ForTheLoveOfSilkies you could make a poll so it's easier to count up what people say??
@MysteryChicken any thoughts?

Don't go on behaviour at all. I've got a serama who is definitely a boy. He has a cockerel tail, comb, wattles, sickles and hackles. But he is submissive, isn't crowing, and his brothers mount him.
Hey this isn't really related to this thread but... How are seramas? I'm in a bit of a pickle between d'uccles and seramas. Are yours tame, friendly?

A few more pics.. I might take more tomorrow too.. I'll pull back Easter's crest and do a comb one. View attachment 2788635
View attachment 2788636
This little sweet fluff-mystery 🥰
Those long thin feathers showed so well in the first picture coming down from the neck (I'm sorry Idon't know how they are called) 'till over the shoulders - all my cockerells do have them (Kasimir included of course 😅) but none of the girls.
I'm still wondering about Easter's feet - they are so tiny compared to the feet of my cockerells, even James who is tiny does have big feet compared with Easter's.

Back
Top Bottom