Silkie color help Please! Pics..

Honestly the first one to me looks like someone crossed a dominant white x buff, or a rec white w/hidden genes x rec white w/hidden genes. Or two birds carrying split for recessive white, and pop, out comes a recessive white with leakage from one of the parents not being a solid color.

The second to last is a Blue Partridge.

Yes, I wasn't going to use him as a breeder, was just curious as to what color he actually was. Trying to learn all the color types..
smile.png

Quote:
he very cute

Thank you.. He will make an awesome pet. Is it true that you can tell recessive colors that they carry by the "under feathers/down"?

Quote:
he very cute

Thank you.. He will make an awesome pet. Is it true that you can tell recessive colors that they carry by the "under feathers/down"?

no

Quote:
He is not recessive white. It is NOT that leaky. All recessive whites carry hidden genes (heck, all white birds, whether dominant or recessive) carry hidden genes. Couldn't have come from a recessive white X recessive white breeding. Leakiness in recessive whites is an occasional blue or black feather; I suppose a occasional gold or red feather might be a possibility, although I've never seen or heard of it.

It might be one copy of dominant white, which will usually disallow black pigment, but let red pigment show. Or the whitish colour might be a diluted splash, plus red/buff.

Quote:

no

Good to know. I read a lot, trying to learn things- but am learning a lot of info online is false.. Argh..
hmm.png

Quote:
no

Good to know. I read a lot, trying to learn things- but am learning a lot of info online is false.. Argh..
hmm.png

lost info on like is fale becaue people pass on faults knolage that wasnt theres to others not knowing it was faults

Quote:
no

hmm.png

Down colouring will tell you some of the genes present that may not show in mature plumage. Undercolouring may tell you something about the birds base.

Back
Top Bottom