Silkie coop

I hope you are kidding?
It seemed to me that the person was either kidding.... or actually if he/she thinks the silkies ARE ugly, but I dont think they would have that coop as nice as it is if they didnt like them.
I think turkens are ugly, Am I a bad person for it?
It IS sad that someone would jump on another person for just saying a chicken is UGLY.
And
I agree - I think she used it endearingly. I think everyone on this site loves their chickens.
love.gif

Oh! That little chick is darling! I hope she "fills in" as she "fills out", too! And so cute that those d'uccles are now her buds...they can keep each other warm
thumbsup.gif
OMG, those D'uccles are pooping machines...the silkie keeps getting some on her. That's the only problem with the "dog" pile.

Does anyone know how big Silkies get compared to D'uccles? My bantam pen (when it gets built) will be the 6 shown with the silkie, plus two more that are 6 months old (female), 4 months old (male) and an Old English Game Bantam (female). This bantam pen has very small birds. Will she end up too big for them? I've read that Silkies grow to about 2.5 pounds. The other birds are measured in grams (I'm not good at converting grams to ounces/pounds - 2.2 Kg=1lb) so they must really be small to not even give a weight in pounds.

I have another pen (under construction) with EE, Barred Rock, and Sex links. Will the Silkie prefer hanging around this size chicken instead? If she stays with the D'uccle roo, is there even a chance her eggs could be fertilized (He's trying with the EE hen but I don't think he's physically capable of success because he's too small to reach where he needs to)? Would a Roo twice her size hurt her too much when he tries mating her if she was in the "big bird" pen? I dont think I'll try hatching out d'uccle x silkie chicks, or even EE x silkie, but short of separating her from all of them, I don't want her hurt "for no reason" by either roo either. I can give her EE eggs to sit on if she goes broody.

CG

Back
Top Bottom