Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
This is the first cross with a Sussex I have seen, and without a doubt one of the most gorgeous crosses ever!!!!! Wow!
droolin.gif

Aww thanks! Some places sell them over here as "Goldtops". They're lovely
smile.png

Images: My silkie mix mom ( I think) and baby (day old). Then this week. Father of baby bantam no image yet. Mom mix I thought a light brahma and silkie but not sure. Both mom and baby (now 7 weeks old) have 5 claws. Thinking the baby is a roo, hope so the way he acts I call him Buster. If a she, lol not the first time I named animals wrong sex name. Named a kitten sissy who is now a 12 yr old cat and she is a he. Did not know until he was fixed. When will mom stop over protecting Buster? He is a bit wild spirited and somewhat a bully but runs to her for protection. He instigates things even picks on mom until she gives him this scary glare then behaves. He lol if is a he.

Mom is ?? Buster is Bantam and whatever mix mom is.

FurNfeathers, are those 1/2 Silkie!! They're gorgeous!! I though 1st generation Silkie crosses didn't have the fur-like feathers?
i've got 3 Silkie/Araucana crosses in the incubator right now. I'm hoping for rumpless hens with top hats :-D

Yes, they are silkie and bantam lavender ameraucana cross. All the feathering is regular except the beards and muffs. Thanks, I think they are beautiful. I just love how their beards contrast!

I do have a 1st generation silkie cross with silkie feathering though. A silkie serama cross. Mother is a silkied Serama though. She is so cute - I call her Roadrunner, she is really fast and that is what she reminds me of.

And a little male of the same cross

These are two girls of the Silkie Ameraucana cross again

Hi all,
What is the biggest hen you have ever had a Silkie roo breed? I have 2 Silkie cockerels (and 6 pullets) and we are hatching out black/blue/splash copper marans and buff brahmas (lf) and I really want to keep one of the cockerels with the silkies and one with the LF for crosses. I think he could get the Marans, but not sure about the brahmas.

You'd be quite surprised at what those boys can accomplish if they set their minds to it. My Silkie rooster loved the buff Orp and LF Cochin hens, and their chicks were adorable :)

Awesome :)
now if I can get the eggs to cooperate and be lots of hens to breed him to. The older cockerel is already breeding one of the two older Silkie hens (the other has 3 adopted chicks) and the younger is a couple of months behind and not crowing yet.

Back
Top Bottom